Slider image

Dondra

Dondra

Dondra Head is the southernmost point in Sri Lanka which is marked by a 19th century built lighthouse. Dondra was originally known as Devi Nuwara, the ‘City of Gods’ where there was a revered temple which was dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu, which was destroyed by the Portuguese in 1588. From the original temple, only a small shrine believed to be from the 7th century still remains. Today, the Devi Nuwara Devale is a Buddhist temple complex with a large Buddha statue within it.

Enquire Now

Brand Partners

Corporate memberships &
Affiliations of Classic Sri Lanka

| Gallery | About Us | Classic Destinations | Expo Lanka | FAQ |

© 2019 for Classic Sri Lanka by : 230 Interactive